Thursday, November 28, 2013

For this I am Grateful


“You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought." 
- Matthew 5:5 MSG

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." - Psalm 118:1

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough." 
- Mesister Eckhart

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy

For this I am grateful.

For family, friends who are like family, and friends all over that make life rich.

For a relationship with the Creator and the promise of eternal life through the death of Jesus Christ.

For health and exercise.

For travel and the opportunity to explore new places.

For technology which allows me to work from home and stay connected to those I love.

For California with its incredible weather that allows me to spend as much time outside 
as I would like.

For my pets and their faithful companionship.

For the opportunity to be truly free as an American.

For knowledge and the continued opportunity to learn and grow.

For a church that I love.

For music that is the soundtrack to most of my days. It accompanies me while I work, exercise, relax, and go to sleep.

For hobbies that I love and am passionate about.  

Gratitude is a practice. Make it a priority.

No comments: