Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hello Fall, Goodbye Summer


Today marks the official end of summer. I love summer (minus the heat) and fall and am glad that my two favourite seasons piggyback each other. There are aspects of each of the four seasons that I love, but these two seasons make me happiest.

This year, a lot of people that I know have been so excited for fall to make it's arrival. While I am excited for this new season, I feel like I am holding onto the last few moments of summer like a small child trying to extend the last few minutes before bed time. It was an incredibly full and fun summer, which is probably why I am not wanting it to end. As I think back on this summer, my heart is full of joy. It was one of the best I can remember in recent years.

Looking back at my to do list for the summer, I realize that I only accomplished about half of the items that I had hoped to and yet I feel no sense of regret for not getting to those activities, rather I have a huge feeling of gratitude as this summer brought about several things that I would have never expected. So, in a way, I am starting to prepare myself for fall. For the new and unexpected surprises that will come that I couldn't even begin to encapsulate on a list. And while I'm at it, I'm going to enjoy my pumpkin chai while listening to my traditional fall playlist... 

2 comments:

Wendy Housholder said...

Amen! Enjoy the Fall and all her beauty!

Wendy Housholder said...

Amen! Fall is WONDERFUL,!