Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dear Future Husband: Thoughts On Family

Dear Future Husband,

This last month has been incredibly hard, probably the most difficult of this year. It has been a time period where I have learned so much about honoring family. Some of the happiest times I've had over the last month have been with my family. I spend a lot of time with both sets of parents. On the days that I don't see my adopted Mom I call her. I have a meal or coffee with my adopted Dad regularly. Tuesday nights I have dinner with my parents. These are some of my favorite times.

I hope as a couple we find ways to honor our parents. I hope that in doing so, we grow in our relationships with them. That we model to our children and our friends and family what that looks like. I hope that we prioritize these relationships. That we encourage our children to have healthy relationships with their grandparents as the grandparent role is so special. That we establish family traditions.

Love,
Your wife

No comments: